Are my golf cart batteries 6-volt, 8-volt or 12-volts?
The quickest way to determine what type of batteries your cart has is:
- Lift up your golf cart’s front seat and locate your golf cart batteries.
- Inspect your batteries for the number of acid holes they have on each battery head cover. Each battery typically has 3, 4 or 6 holes on top.
- Take the number of acid holes on one of your batteries and multiply that number by 2 to determine what the voltage of one of your golf cart batteries is.
Do I have a 36-volt or 48-volt golf cart?
Example: 36-volt golf cart (w/ 6, 6-volt batteries system):
- 3 acid holes x 2-volts per hole = 6-volts
- 6-volts x 6 total cart batteries = 36-volt cart
Example: 48-volt golf cart (w/ 6, 8-volt batteries system):
- 4 acid holes x 2-volts per hole = 8-volts
- 8-volts x 6 total cart batteries = 48-volt cart