Located in SW Florida, Babcock Ranch has coined itself “The City of Tomorrow.” In 2005, Syd Kitson had an idea that growth and preservation did not have to be mutually exclusive. One year later, in 2006, he closed on the largest preservation land purchase in Florida history, which is called Babcock Ranch today.
A master planned community that sprawls across nearly 73,000 acres, it is known as America’s first solar city and aims to set the standard for sustainable, responsible growth. It boasts the largest solar-plus-storage system in the US and offers free wi-fi to all. Babcock has committed to plant more than 5,493 trees and leave 80% of the land as a nature preserve. Sustainability is at the core of the community with these key development strategies in place:
• Solar energy
• Water efficiency
• Native plants and green space
• Sustainable local building materials
• Tree preservation
• Florida Green Building Standards
Babcock Ranch appears to be the utopian community for sustainability.
Are Golf Cars Permitted in Babcock Ranch?
Golf cars are a big part of most master planned communities and Babcock Ranch is no different. Designed to be a community where you can easily leave your car at home, Babcock Ranch offers battery powered public transportation, expansive trails and bike paths and permits the use of golf cars. One of the benefits of living in Babcock Ranch is the ability to get to stores, schools, church, etc by golf cart. Like most communities, there are a set of rules and guidelines for golf car owners that include the following:
• Golf cars may only be operated on designated roads and never sidewalks, bike paths, or nature trails.
• If you operate the golf car after dark, you must have headlights and taillights.
• Liability insurance should be obtained and submitted to the residential association.
• Safety standards according to the law will be upheld.
• Periodic golf car inspections will be scheduled.
• Golf car drivers must be 14 years old or older.
If you have been looking for a new place to call home that centers a sustainable lifestyle, Babcock Ranch may be perfect for you. Amenities include restaurants, community gardens, eco-tours, co-working office spaces, a healthy life center, and so much more. Home prices start in the low $200Ks, making it an affordable option for everyone, even young families.
Our golf cars are an important part of our lifestyle and planned communities, like Babcock Ranch, allow us to enjoy the benefits that come with using our golf cars as our primary transportation. If you are looking for a golf car friendly in SW Florida, consider Babcock Ranch.